1. Any additional instructions must be confirmed in writing and a price agreed for the additional work and materials, before the work can proceed. Additional work, which may not be apparent when the estimate was provided, will be advised to the client on discovery, and a course of action agreed. This includes frame repairs, which are hidden by upholstery.
2. We at John Miller Upholstery ltd. endeavour to deliver items forming part of this contract at the specified time, Our obligation however, is to deliver on time providing that the materials to complete the work are available at the time the work is to be undertaken. We will keep the client informed at all times of supply problems, or other factors, which can affect delivery times. We cannot accept any liability for delays caused by any circumstance beyond our control. Should delivery be delayed for more than 30 days, at your request, the goods will be invoiced and payment will become due as if the goods had been delivered, we reserve the right to charge for storage
3. All old covers will be removed prior to upholstery, these covers will be discarded unless the client advises that they are to be returned at the time of order.
4. All new fillings applied to furniture manufactured after 1950 will be in compliance with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire)(Safety) Regulations 1988. All new covering fabric supplied by us will comply with the regulations with the exception of covers which contain 75% natural fibres, when it is acceptable to use an interliner which complies with the regulations. Furniture manufactured prior to 1950 does not come within the scope of the 1988 Regulations with regard to filling or cover.
5. Bespoke new Furniture Orders: We will provide an estimate of the time taken to complete a job depending on the complexity of the design and the materials used. If you are providing us with an image we cannot guarantee an exact match unless are provided with complete technical drawings. Slight differences in dimensions may occur due to the materials within the build. If the furniture has to fit a specific space please let us know before ordering. Once you have confirmed an order any changes may affect both the cost and the delivery time.
6. We reserve the right to apply a 15% surcharge for handling fabrics not supplied by ourselves.
7. With regard to the client’s own material: When a client supplies his/her own materials, it is their responsibility to ensure that the fabric is suitable for the purpose for which they intend to use it and that it complies with the relevant regulations in force with regard to Fire and Safety ie: Treated for FR (Fire Retardant) or used with an FR Interliner (as described in clause 4). It is the clients responsibility to inform us at the time of order if they require us to use an FR Interliner.
8. We will do our best to advise customers of the suitability of fabrics, whether supplied by us or not, however, we can only take responsibility for materials which are supplied by us only, covering fabric supplied by the client is at their own risk. Shortage of covering fabric supplied by the client is the client’s responsibility and not ours.
9. Printed and woven fabrics: Where printed and woven fabrics will not pattern match accurately we will inform you for further instructions.
10. Fabrics sent direct to us must have the clients name and reference clearly marked on the delivery note so we can check, on your behalf, that we have received the correct fabric.
11. Please request fabric companies to roll all fabric on tubes, with no more than one fabric per tube. One continuous length of fabric should be used unless an extra amount is taken into account for pattern matching. We will do our best to remove creases but this cannot be guaranteed.
12. All customers own fabric should be checked by the customer prior to us receiving it, we cannot be held responsible for flaws or wrong fabrics being sent on customers own fabric. If we cannot cut around the flaws you will be notified.
13. Disclaimer for velvets and silk - Some silks and velvets made from cotton and silk which can be marked by the slighted touch. As all our furniture is made/upholstered by hand, the handling of fabric is unavoidable and therefore we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the conditions of these fabrics when used.
14. Any problems with an order, whether your (the clients) fault or Ours John Miller Upholstery ltd. must be brought to our attention within seven days of receipt of the order. There after charges will be made for any corrections. We will not be held responsible for charges if you have another company make corrections – you will still be responsible for the original bill. Charges will be made to corrections that are not our fault.
15. We reserve the right to apply a minimum of £50.00 charge to repair accidental damage not caused by us.
16. Refunds, exchanges or credit notes are not available for items sold through sales, special offers, seconds and items sold as seen.
17. Insurance Claims: We undertake all work on behalf of the client. However, it is they who are responsible for the payment of the account. In the case of insurance companies and insurance work, I will undertake the work on the clear understanding that the account will be paid by the client, when the account becomes due as described in clause 19.
18. Where the work is undertaken in relation to an insurance claim. A 100% payment of materials and 50% payment of labour on acceptance of the estimate will be payable by the client, unless an agreement exists between us and the insurers to pay the account directly
19. We reserve the right to charge additional 20% to rush orders, this will be agreed with the client prior to the work undertaken
20. Carriage charges are extra
21. Holiday cut off dates: Orders and fabrics must be received by 1st December for pre-Christmas delivery
22. Complaints will be dealt with as quickly as possible and successful resolution of the same will be our prime objective. Complaints, which cannot be resolved by us, may be referred to The Association of Master Upholsterers, who will arbitrate and suggest a course of action, which is acceptable to both parties. The Association may charge a fee for this service.
23. Payment terms: All Fabric purchases are to be paid in full at time of order and a minimum 50% non-refundable payment is required for us to accept an order for new furniture. The balance is due in full on completion. All re-upholstery work is payable on completion. Interest on overdue accounts will be charged at 1% per month or part thereof. Prices quoted stand for three months. For Trade customers where credit has been agreed invoices are payable 30 days from the invoice date.
24. If we are supplying the fabric to be used we ask you look after it as per the manufacturers guidelines as normal wear and tear is not guaranteed. If you are unsure how to care for this fabric we can advise you on this. As leather is a natural product some of the hides may show natural marks or scars. Depending on the supplier, variation on both texture and colour may occur different from the samples you look at. Unless you are specifically advised otherwise all FR treatment will be to UK domestic upholstery standards.
25. We are so confident in the skills of our furniture craftsmen, that we guarantee our new solid beech frames on all standard products for 10 years. This guarantee covers normal domestic home use only and does not apply to defects in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident or negligence by you, commercial use or any alteration or repair to the goods you carry out.